As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Staff Software Test Engineer is part of the Treasury Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled Senior Staff Software Test Engineerwho is passionate about using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users. The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Treasury Visa Funds Transfer System, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform & work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in test automation technologies, as well asautomated build & deploy technologies & best practices.
- Leadtest automation initiatives including identification of appropriate test framework, building automated testing & test tools to improve code quality & application performance
- Leadcross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Mentor junior staff & provide guidance to all internal & external testing initiatives
- Design & develop test plans & functional test cases from business requirements & conceptual documents
- Lead test design/plan review sessions with peers & other stakeholders
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Provide estimates on scope & scale of effort required to test changes
- Execute test cases, analyze & report test results to project team
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test efforts
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product meeting all requirements within the scheduled time frame
- Report project status & issues to project managers & management
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug & resolve any application issues
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhDBachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 13+ years relevant work experience with functional andnon-functional testing of applications, including some experiencewith amainframe environment.
- Experience in SDLC methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Iterative/Increment)
- Experience with one or more automation tools, including but not limited to: Selenium, Robot Framework, QTP
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control & CI/CD technologies
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or Robot Framework
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.