Pivotals Story VIDEO
As a recognized leader in disciplined agile & lean software development practices, Pivotal combines the Silicon Valley state of mind, modern approach, & infrastructure with organizations core expertise & values. Our cloud-native platform & suite of data tools drive software innovation for many of the worlds most admired brands, helping enterprises move at start-up speeds & with greater business agility. We optimize for change & teach next-generation developers to create & build new solutions, & are committed to open source & open standards.
Our methodology is about evolving, in both development & innovation, & our culture is empowering. Our 2,000+ employees across offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each & every project, & are guided by a purposeful missionto transform how the world builds software.
You have an interest in building our mission to drive a healthy business & culture within our Labs office. You have a strong passion for leading Agile, Lean & User-Centered Design methodologies to sell & execute on world-class product development.
Pivotal Labs is Pivotal's consulting team, & a recognized leader in modern software development practices. We work with many of the worlds most influential companies, helping them not only build great software, but fundamentally create a culture of innovation. We also developed Pivotal Tracker, the project management & collaboration tool used by thousands of agile teams worldwide. Our approach is informed by over 20 years of experience & continuous improvement, & blends agile/XP, lean startup & user-centered design.
In this role, you will:
- Lead & manage a local leadership team consisting of an associate director & managers
- Work collaboratively with Labs Executive leadership to define & reach targets such as revenue & utilization
- Partner with Sales & R&D teams to drive adoption of Pivotal software products, as measured by project-level adoption & product bookings & agile practices
- Partner with recruiting organization to define strategic approach to recruiting & support appropriate growth
- Act as a client liaison (CL) & support others CLs for engagements you are responsible for:
- Set-up clients & teams so that they can operate with a high degree of autonomy & self-organization
- Set & manage client expectations
- Potentially scale agile to work in parallel across many clients & many teams
- Stay updated on project health
- Play an active role in getting a project to a healthier place when not healthy
- Check in on project team morale
- Keep relevant client & Pivotal stakeholders updated on current status
- Ensure quality & best practices across all projects
- Manage staffing of team members on projects in collaboration with CLs
- Manage & communicate status of projects, gathering intelligence via Client Liaisons, clients, & Pivots for all teams
- Develop & maintain a healthy team by ensuring local management team has guidance and
- Manage office leadership team & coach reports based on 360 feedback & professional development plans
- Identify & support career development opportunities
- Promote Balanced Team at Pivotal: integrate & enrich development, product design, product management, & data science cultures internally
- Work effectively with the sales organization & ensure office leadership is qualifying sales leads & supporting Sales organization in closing business
- Advise all salespeople on how & when to sell product development services
- Create & negotiate proposals & SOWs
- Actively recruit & own relationships with Startup leads
- Keep relevant CRM systems updated (Salesforce, etc.)
- Represent Pivotal Labs in scopings, sales calls & follow ups
- Work effectively with the larger Pivotal Customer Success Organization (CSO) to ensure a consistent & supportive approach to client relationships.
- Have a deep understanding of the value add of our Product offerings & a cursive knowledge of their technical aspects. Understand where our Products can help customers & provide feedback to the Product teams on how our solutions can evolve.
- Reach out & represent Pivotal to relevant communities, & lead the conversation around our ideas & practices via blog posts, meetups, & conferences.
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Strong business acumen & problem-solving skills with the ability to influence internal & potentially external stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent communication, presentation & interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate & build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Must be effective working independently & in a team setting
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage competing demands
- Previous experience running a consulting business & working directly with clients in a delivery role specifically with a PM/Design/Engineering background
- Ability to travel up to 30% to customer locations
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: 182,700 - 247,000 CAD
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical & disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs & more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTLCanada In (Pivotal) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIESPivotal is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).