Appian is looking for software engineering interns to join our team this summer. This is a great opportunity to learn how real, web-scale software is designed, implemented, tested & released.
- Privately held software company in McLean, VA
- Global customer base. Large commercial & government customers.
- Small team. Flat organization. No bureaucracy. No pointless meetings.
- Great software, tools, amazing automated test environment, laptops, multiple monitors. Git.
- Work in Scrums of 3-5 people. Sprints of 2-4 weeks.
- Keep code shippable. Release every 2-3 months.
- Hard problems: Scale, Security, APIs, SAAS, Web UI
- Free time to work on projects that interest you. Educational opportunities. Conferences.
- Developers write code; no production support, no help desk calls.
- We think we're the best place to write software in the Washington DC area.
- More at our websitehttp://www.appian.comorhttp://www.appianjobs.com
- Work on one or more projects sponsored by a Director of Engineering or our Chief Architect.
- Depending on your background & interests, you may work on web UIs, back-end Java code, development tools or test automation.
- Be a full member of our team: Participate in our Daily Scrums & be held responsible for delivering your work on time, & with high quality.
- Work with engineers across the team. Interact with Quality Engineers, Program Managers, Architects & Designers.
- Learn how Scrum works & how we apply agile to our software development methodology.
- Education: B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- Just finished your Sophomore or Junior of college.
- Strong analytical, communication, & problem solving skills
- Team-oriented individual, energetic, result & delivery oriented, keen interest on quality
- Fluent in object-oriented programming languages, such as C++ & Java
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.