Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about software quality through automation & the customers experience? If so, wed love to talk to you! The Quality Engineering team is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer who is skilled in developing automation to test web based GUIs, public facing APIs & look to find ways to both improve the quality of the product & the customer experience. In this role you will work in an Agile, highly collaborative, cross-functional environment in which we strive to build Quality into every step of the delivery process.
Impact Youll Own:
- Develop & maintain UI automated test cases using Selenium & Python.
- Detail oriented, highly adaptable & acts as a customer advocate for quality.
- Take ownership of validating features & test automation from planning, test execution to release.
- Participate in test design discussions with the team, playing a role in test architecture/framework decisions.
- Exceptional bug detection, regression skills & looking beyond what is obvious.
- Partner with remote teams in various time zones (across the globe) & share what you learn with your teams & other members of the QE team.
What You Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in software development & quality engineering.
- 3+ Experience in programming languages like Golang & Python
- Strong experience in testing APIs & UI applications
- Working knowledge of Docker & containerized architectures
- Experience in Continuous integration (CI) & continuous delivery (CD) such as Gitlab, Jenkins.
- You are naturally inquisitive, with an exploratory mindset combined with strong test planning, communication & organizational skills.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with geo-spatial data, satellite imagery & remote sensing is a plus.
- Experience in Agile development environment
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $116,100 - $187,200. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.