BuzzFeed is looking for a Creative Director to join our team for a fixed-term employee contract with benefits through 2020, focused on interactive videos. The Creative Director is the project leader responsible for bringing these videos to life, leading them creatively through concepting, production, & post-production. The ideal candidate is a highly organized creative with big ideas, an understanding of all elements of video production, an excitement for experimenting with new technology, & can comfortably juggle multiple video projects at once. They will be reporting to the Senior Creative Director for Media Labs.
Primarily, this role will act as the creative lead for a batch of multiple interactive videos. BuzzFeeds interactive videos let the audience influence the outcome through clever choices & gameplay while tapping into data for content we know our audience loves. You will lead the project from a creative POV through the initial pitch & development, overseeing the creation of high-quality creative work, coordinating the efforts of multiple teams, & ensuring success. Experience in interactive filmmaking is not required but a huge plus.
The Media Labs team at BuzzFeed are video specialists who unlock the power of unparalleled audience understanding & new technologies to develop an original approach to filmmaking.
- Work with the project, production & post teams to ensure creation & delivery of innovative interactive videos that surprise & delight the global BuzzFeed audience.
- Conceive & execute concepts for multiple videos & shows that features satisfying interactive choices & pathways.
- Oversee & manage development from treatments to scripts to final edits; maintain accountability for the success of the videos.
- Support on-set production efforts from a creative standpoint, ensuring videos meet our high quality standards & accounting for all interactive quirks.
- Bring videos through post-production, leading multiple rounds of creative & technical feedback to ensure playthrough experience is fun, engaging, & drives repeat-viewership.
- Partner with other team leads to develop rich creative ideas from unique audience insights that BuzzFeed is uniquely able to uncover
- Dream up "never been done before" concepts that push the limits of interactivity
- Partner with key leaders to continuously bring new ideas to the table through experimentation & iteration.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for the end product of all creative team members.
- Ensure ideas can happen relative to budgets, timing, & capabilities.
- 2-4 years of experience as a director or producer, prior experience in digital media or interactive technology is a plus.
- A proven ability in creating innovative, thoughtful, & inclusive video content across multiple platforms.
- A detail-oriented mindset & extremely high standards for your creative output.
- Strong storytelling instinct & ability to inspire internal & external partners with your ideas.
- An interest in & deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of platforms or agencies.
- Curiosity & willingness to play.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, & birthday treats!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.