Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios Security Engineering (SecEng) team is responsible for securing Twilios complex global network. SecEng engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify & implement betterments, understanding complex architectures & systems, drive down the number of vulnerabilities, reduce the blast radius of any vulnerabilities, & assist in incident response efforts when needed. You will be building solutions to tough security problems in real-time networks, assisting junior team members, & working with experts in cellular networks.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional security engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has the following requirements:
- 3+ years experience with production AWS environments
- 3+ years evaluating network & system security issues
- Experience in penetration testing & red/blue team activities
- Linux command line skills, as well as scripting knowledge
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional partner in the security space
- Commitment to sharing experiences & good security practices with the community
- Bachelors degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Python, Ruby, Objective-C, Swift
- Data Center to Cloud migration experience
- Azure, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
- Experience working in/with Scrum teams
- AWS Certifications
- CISSP, CISA, GCIH, GCFA, GSEC, EnCE, GCEH, etc.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic valus:
- BE BOLD: Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- DRAW THE OWL: Working with 2G/4G/5G & emerging cellular technologies
- Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Working alongside engineering teams as their subject matter expert
- NO SHENANIGANS: Closely work with Amazon Web Services, testing new services & developing guidance on how to use them securely
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE INCLUSIVE: Helping more junior team members by mentoring them, providing guidance, & positively influencing their careers (and their knowledge may influence yours!)
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful class A office at 110 William Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, ergonomic desks, massages, game room, monthly All Hands gatherings & more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, & can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.