What we are looking for:
OEC Group is currently looking for experienced candidates in the freight forwarding & logistics industry.
You will be enrolled in our unique training program, learning the basics of the Freight Forwarding industry & company procedures. After completing our training program, the Import Specialist will be placed into our Customer Service Department.
The Import Specialist is primarily responsible for managing customer accounts & coordinating with our operations department to trouble shoot shipments.
What we can offer you:
At OEC Group we have created an interactive training program focused on educating & engaging our new hires. Our Operations Trainer, leads each class & tailors the curriculum based on prior experience, knowledge, & targeted position. During training you will be provided with several resources to assist you with the learning process including test modules, weekly quizzes, informational sessions, group activities, & individual review time. OECs Freight School holds courses monthly, with each course running anywhere from 1-4 weeks.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York & branches throughout Asia, North America, & Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import & export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international & domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean & air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing & distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance & more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing & passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental & Vision) Paid for by the company
- Life & Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal & Floating Days
- Bi-Annual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials & on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing & looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, & team building activities!
About the Position Duties & responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Creating internal customer profiles in FreightStream to provide all departments with detailed customer information when needed.
- Use best judgment & knowledge to assist customers in making the most suitable choice for their needs.
- Provide quotations to customers when required.
- Coordinates with customers & other departments to ensure the smooth movement of freight by providing tracking information & shipment updates to customers.
- Communicates with customers by phone or email to build excellent customer relationships to in order to provide great customer service.
- Handles any special requests from our customers.
- Sends new shipment bookings to customers.
- Validates & confirms all ocean/air shipment bookings from origin to destination, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Manage daily emails/phone calls from customers & other offices/departments pertaining to respective accounts.
- Directs customer questions/concerns to the correct department as needed.
New York Office 9:00 am 6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, & email communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
- Experience with customer service & an understanding of the freight forwarding industry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, & requires the ability to speak & hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Go back to job listings