ACVs mission is to build & enable the most trusted & efficient digital marketplaces for buying & selling used vehicles with transparency & comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the worlds best people & the industrys best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit & rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACVs network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation & ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 & Data Services.
What you will be doing:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager that will be responsible for building & enhancing the companys Continuous Improvement capabilities. This role provides Continuous Improvement leadership on methodologies, training, & technologies associated with both Lean & related project management activities (i.e. Six Sigma, DMAIC). These activities will include both company-wide projects as well as ad hoc initiatives, & accordingly, will play a role in coaching & mentoring Continuous Improvement trainees & project leaders imbedded within the business areas. The Continuous Improvement Manager will report directly to the VP Continuous Improvement.
- Coach, counsel & train operational managers & staff to apply, support, sustain & develop a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Facilitate & lead Continuous Improvement events as a subject matter expert while empowering operational staff & associates to present ideas & create improvements and solutions.
- Leverage best practices gained through Continuous Improvement activities to other activities which would benefit from implementation.
- Provide decisive leadership & team facilitation - define tasks clearly, identify & coordinate resources, & execute CI go-forward plan.
- Quickly identify barriers to progress & execute team plan for success in/out of specific events & facilitate resolving barriers with sponsors.
- Support CI initiatives & company teams post event for completing action items.
- Create periodic format presentations on company implementation progress to executive team.
- Train & mentor on Lean concepts to employees throughout organization.
- Identify & facilitate process improvement projects, training/ workshops to drive cultural change.
What you will need:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification required, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Well-developed project management skills & use of tools for evaluating existing work processes & recommending improvements in work flow.
- Effective team player with a team-first spirit, enthusiasm, & ability to motivate others coupled with strong presentation, facilitation, consulting, & communication skills.
- Ability to work & influence others with different priorities across varying levels of the organization.
- Proven mentoring & coaching skills with the ability to train & develop others in an adult learning environment.
- Proactive, & willing to take on whatever work is required to get the job done.
- Detail oriented, analytical, & well-organized.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous learning orientation.
- High energy level & strong work ethic.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each & every Teammate.
- Career development & future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed & empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance & understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.