As a Senior Streaming Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, & secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, & monitoring Pelotons streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing & maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live & video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
- Comfortable building solutions that scale & working with multiple teams on projects from idea to production.
- Comfortable with identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, be able to justify your approach & then implement the solution.
- A thinker & a doer. You dream big & make things happen.
- Love automating things; we want people who want to work smarter, not harder!
- Be apart of the core team that develops & maintains, extends & improves our video backend based on state of the art technology
- Collaborate with a highly skilled & passionate team of multi-national engineers to build & operate our video services
- Experience with programming in Python or Go
- Experience with video & audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development & support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience in working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Experience diagnosing & troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems, & error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing & improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, & performance of CDN infrastructure
- Experience with Hollywood grade DRM systems, i.e. Playready, Widevine & Fairplay
- The right person will possess significant hands-on implementation experience & demonstrate a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of video, video pipelines delivering software architecture, & a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations & interactions with partners & customers.
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience supporting partners & programs.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs & compression.
- Experience working with content encoding & transcoding.
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience with creating AWS Lambda workflows for serverless workflows.
- Experience with AWS Elemental physical servers & cloud media services.
- Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
- Experience working with AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.