Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that millions of developers will love.
Our Business Operations Data Science & Analytics team is looking for a motivated & results-oriented self-starter who is passionate about applying scientific processes & technologies to uncover & communicate business insights.
Our focus is data mining, modeling & hypothesis testing to find those levers that improve customer satisfaction, accelerate revenue growth, & assist with planning.
Your role will be to scale the efforts of our Sales & Customer Success efforts across our large customer base. You will design & build tools based on AI/ML technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be applying your modeling skills using SQL, R (or Python), Perl & the AI/ML tool of your choice to find causation, make predictions, & gain insights into future demand for our products & services, scoring systems & recommenders
- Working with the sales, customers services, finance, & infrastructure by forecasting future demand, building simulation models to optimize CapEx for the forecasted demand & by working with products to build business cases for new products
- Working with Engineering teams to optimize Capacity usage
- Finding opportunities to automate manual processes for sales & customer services.
- Partnering with the data engineering team to complete ETL/ELT projects
- Moving your models from idea, prototyping & into production
You can find our team working on:
- Collaborating with data creators across the organization to ingest & connect complex, disparate datasets from throughout our customers' lifecycles.
- Maintaining & expanding the centralized data platform & its mechanisms for delivering data to the organization.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to identify opportunities for the application of advanced statistical & machine learning methods to produce models & prescriptive data that result in better decisions by people or systems
- Developing strong partnerships with key decision-making business stakeholders
- Serving as data experts & advocates during both strategic planning & day-to-day operations
- Generating data-based guidance & recommendations that grow our business
What we're looking for:
- Candidates who are motivated by creating change with data through tools, models, & visualizations. We strive to approach problems with curiosity & empathy, & make a measurable impact for our customers & business.
- Able to develop & implement metrics & dimensions for powering analytical use cases across the company, incorporating a wide variety of data sources across the company at varying levels of complexity & scale
- Able to work closely with data stakeholders across the company, both technical & non-technical, to understand evolving needs as more complex data models are introduced for reporting & data science
What we'll expect from you:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field; or equivalent experience. Preferred: Master or PhD level
- Track record of developing in complex data environments & intelligence platforms for business users
- Experience designing & building dashboards in BI tools like Looker, Tableau, or PowerBI.
- Experience with analytics databases like Snowflake, Redshift, or BigQuery
- High Performance Computing (HPC) MPI programming in either C++ or Fortran
- Developing tools using containers such as Docker & GitHub for source control
- Fluency with software engineering processes such as version control, testing, & continuous integration
- Ideally you will have experience with Operations Research optimization such as LP models, Machine Learning models such as Logit-Regression, Recursive Repartitioning, C5.0, Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks & Bayesian Models
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here