Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, & a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service to each & every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate & collaborative people who really care about what they do & the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, & have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn & be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 & are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Meta. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team & be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
Kustomer is looking for a Senior Android Engineer who is passionate about Android best practices & building high-quality SDKs. We believe in ownership & are looking for people driven to own their work as we grow.
You'll be responsible for:
- Designing & Building advanced Android mobile SDKs
- Collaboration in a cross-functional team to design, define, & ship new features
- Consuming existing APIs & collaborating with team members to define new APIs
- Writing & performing unit & e2e tests to ensure usability, robustness, edge cases, & general reliability.
- Ensuring improved application performance & efficiency in both battery & network utilization
- Continual evaluation, discovery, & implementation of new technologies to maximize efficiency of development
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of Android mobile development experience
- Proficient with Kotlin
- Working experience with JSON & REST APIs
- Experience with handling in-app push notifications
- Working experience with third-party APIs & Libraries
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, mobile architectures, & trends.
- Strong ability to identify & fix performance bottlenecks & deliver code that meets performance goals.
Nice to haves:
- Experience building Android SDKs
- Experience with working with real-time messaging platforms
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, commuter benefits, & a flexible vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.