Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times, & many more global enterprises.
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enable some of largest companies in the world to turn data into action.
We are looking for senior / lead engineers to come join a team of talented engineers & work on challenging problems to scale our application infrastructure to the next level. You'll champion big ideas which will have huge impact on application performance, scalability & availability. You will be a technical evangelist researching the best tools & technologies to use to build robust systems.You'll be building the foundation that enables us to empower billions of experiences across all of our customers.
Does this sound like you? Come join us!
What you will do:
- Evangelize & plan for re-engineering/re-building legacy systems & software components that have massive impact
- Design, Build & deliver highly scalable, reliable & robust software systems
- Organize, plan, & lead large projects through to completion
- Breath & Think services, as you plan to scale application infrastructure
- Work in a fast paced environment independently as well as with the team
- Be decisive about priorities & build support & consensus for those priorities
- Expertise in Python, Django, Celery, Postgress, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Experience using cloud infrastructure such as GCP, AWS, Heroku or Azure
- Expertise in SQL & NoSQL databases like MySQL, Cloud DataStore etc.
- Proficiency with continuous integration tools
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience building complex systems in a distributed environment
- Expertise in large scale migration of databases & applications
What sets our Engineers apart:
- Work with colleagues that get youfired up every day & are super smart!
- Learn more about our engineering organization by visitingour blog
- We're engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You'll see us at PyBay (Bay Area), Austin Python Meetups & more
- We're not locked into a specific technology stack. You'll be working with & picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring,and observability tooling
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch & dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.