We are seeking a Senior Network Architect to join our team. You will be a member of the Enterprise I.T. Infrastructure Team responsible for ensuring a global highly-available network to enable Pelotons growing global presence. This includes architecting, defining standards, engineering, implementing, maintaining & supporting our wired & wireless data network, voice systems, firewalls, physical security devices, & VPN. You will also partner with our Information Security team to design, implement, maintain & support security principles & best practices for our internal user community to align with the best-in-class security services.
- Establish global corporate networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting & enforcing system standards.
- Manage relationships & activities with key network equipment/software suppliers & professional services teams.
- Maximize & ensure stable network performance through monitoring & proactive maintenance; troubleshooting network problems & outages; scheduling upgrades; network optimization, performance management & capacity planning.
- Ensure uptime & monitoring of all network infrastructure & circuits internationally
- Report on network capacity by collecting, analyzing, prioritizing & formatting information as appropriate for the intended audience
- Design globally consistent secure network infrastructure by partnering with the information security team to establish & enforce policies; define & monitor access
- Plan & perform network upgrades, expansions & new implementation projects
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps & new technologies for potential deployment across Pelotons entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, & offices globally.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance & training for Tier 1 & Tier 2 IT support
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP, CCIE, JNCP, etc.
- Experience with Cisco, Meraki, & Palo Alto is a must.
- 10+ years of experience with network engineering, architecture, & design with 4+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 6+ years network architecture design and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 5+ years network design & support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- 4+ year experience with *nix systems & general use
- 2+ years scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- 8+ years hands-on experience with network engineering
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example & approach technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of internetworking designs & their applications, to include IP subnetting & complex routing techniques on LAN/WAN networks & security
- Routing & Switching architecture, design of large scale networks
- Understanding of SDN/SDDC (Software Defined Network or Datacenter full stack (compute, storage, network) including experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Cloudstack, or related technologies
- Multiple successful implementations of (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, & troubleshoot) Cisco routers & switches, VPN connections, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco Lightweight Wireless Access Points, & Meraki.
- Subnetting, DNS, encryption technologies & standards, VPNs, VLANs, VoIP & other network routing methods.
- Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Network device installation & testing
- Virtualization technologies
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design & technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, & scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, & disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, & security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Must have knowledge of networking features & protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies & Web caching services (proxy server) & 802.1x.
- Additional areas of expertise in areas such as VoIP & Call Center management are desired
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.