We are looking for a competent Jr. IT Support Engineer to provide fast & useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues & offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Jr. IT Support Engineer must have solid technical knowledge & be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem & explain its solution. The goal is to create value for our staff that will help preserve the companys reputation & culture.
As an Jr.IT Support Engineer, you will:
- Work with & under the supervision or senior IT staff to coordinate & implement IT projects.
- Support the organizations desktop hardware/software environment (macOS, Windows 7,10, Windows Server), printers, additional infrastructure components & business applications. This includes installations, moves, adds, changes, remote user support & technical problem resolution.
- Steward desktop-related projects, such as software standardization, image deployment, anti-virus management, patch management, & upgrades.
- Respond to ticketing system & provide basic end-user support & technical troubleshooting.
- Maintain comprehensive hardware inventory & deploy replacements based on established refresh cycle.
- Develop & update documentation for supported systems.
- Consistently work to expand your technical knowledge & skillsets, taking on projects with perpetually increasing complexity.
As a Jr. IT Support Engineer, you should have:
- Minimum 1 year experience in providing desktop & or remote support.
- Strong background with Mac OS & Windows troubleshooting.
- Exposure to Microsoft Active Directory.
- A strong customer service-orientation.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking concepts & technologies.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks.
- Experience authoring & updating technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Flexibility, including effective handling of concurrent priorities.
- Practical project management experience.
Sometimes, its the little things:
- Amazing view from the 21st floor. Great for Instagram!
- Free snacks, tea, coffee, seltzer
- A ping-pong & pool table, if youre into that sort of thing. And healthy intra-office competition to go with it.
- Access to 3D printers, of course. But also helpful people who love sharing their knowledge & expertise to help & teach you how to use them.
- Monthly birthday celebrations complete with cupcakes, brownies, & some ridiculously delicious pudding cups.
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot,a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.