What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the worlds largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence whats new, now & next in music & audio. We reach hundreds of millions of listeners globally every month, many of whom listen on mobile.
We're looking for a Sr Manager, Artist Development & Relations with responsibility to develop & maintain relationships with priority SoundCloud artists & grow their use & understanding of the SoundCloud platform. You will provide key insights into artist needs on the platform, with a focus on expanding SoundCloud's relationships with the music industry. You will also serve as an evangelist for SoundCloud & work across internal teams.
The ideal candidate will be a clear, confident communicator with deep music industry knowledge & experience working directly with the Creator community.
- Building & maintaining SoundClouds relationships with artists, managers, producers & all- around music community at varying levels of success & across genres. Experience in the urban music community is preferred.
- Educating the creator community on SoundClouds differentiated business model, & best practices to drive success on the platform
- Overseeing & managing of SoundClouds artist & industry focused events
- Developing key insights into SoundClouds role within an artists career lifecycle
- Scaling SoundClouds communication practices with the creator community on a Global level
- Educating teams within SoundCloud on the needs of the creator community
- Working cross-functionally with Artist Marketing & Curation, Editorial, PR, Creator Services & Product teams within SoundCloud
- Developing of additional opportunities for SoundCloud to make a positive impact to the creator community
- Representing SoundCloud at key industry events
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant experience within the music industry working with artists, managers, producers, & agents of all levels, across genres
- Possess considerable knowledge of current music, digital, & industry trends & are a SoundCloud super user
- Solid network in the artist & management community & an understanding of how to navigate relevant dealmakers & decision makers
- Digitally savvy, with a passion for new technology & an ability to think creatively about how technology can support the creator community
- Confident & personable self-starter
- Superior attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, within tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Experience building & managing a team
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
Diversity at SoundCloud:
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.