Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come & join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high & build to last?
We are looking for a sales engineer to work with the sales, engineering, & product teams.
- You will work alongside the sales team to introduce CockroachDB to our potential customers. As an advisor, you will help our clients understand how our database can address their problems & be a solution.
- You will lead product & solution briefings, build proof-of-concepts, run live product demos, & prototype CockroachDB integrations in customer environments. You know when to pull in additional engineering resources to help customers with more complex issues.
- You are comfortable with collecting data requirements, developing solution architectures, running presentations & software demonstrations, & teaching prospective users or project teams how to use CockroachDB.
- You'll help identify & address customers' key technical objections & develop the engineering strategy to resolve those blockers. You will address how we differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we are with our sales engineering efforts & where we need to be. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You'll build repeatable policies & procedures to increase the effectiveness & efficiency of the sales engineering process.
As our user base grows, you will also have the opportunity to grow the team to accommodate higher demands for sales engineering. We want our customers to have a phenomenal onboarding experience with CockroachDB & that requires excellent sales engineering from you & the team.
- You have developed software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems in the past & want to stay close to the code.
- You love working on complex technical problems & have a strong understanding of modern infrastructure & database technologies.
- You enjoy building relationships with our partners, customers, & open-source users.
- Internally, you like fostering collaboration & making sure that each team gets customer feedback to keep improving CockroachDB.
- You enjoy traveling to meet customers face-to-face at conferences, events, & onsite at their offices.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.