Senior Program Manager
New York, NY, Columbus, OH, Remote
WHO ARE WE?
If the BARK experience is a theatrical production, the Logistics team is the wizard behind the curtain making sure all 1,000 things go according to plan & millions of dogs are happy. We're the people who get our product where it needs to go: from factory / manufacturer to our warehouse network, & then to our end customers by all the necessary means possible (TEU, LCL, small parcel, LTL, FTL). We are obsessed with logistics & relentless on performance, but we're not afraid to have fun! We like to think we're superheroes your dog doesn't even know about. No capes, but we type faster than you can fly & don't rest until pups are barking at the door in anticipation of BARK products landing on their doorstep.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
The Sr Supply Chain PM is a critical part of meeting Barks strategic mission of making all Dogs happy, & will balance & mix of operational, programmatic, & strategic responsibilities in support of Bark strategic initiatives. The ideal candidate has spent time supporting a large global organization, in the capacity of business management, supply chain, operations, program & product management, & will help round out the senior leadership. The individual will be persuasive, diplomatic, & have proven communication skills. It is important that he/she can engage & work across all functional areas & influence without authority, while also be experienced in hiring, training, & developing a team of motivated program managers. The ideal candidate is a driven individual who is an experienced operator & has experience with supply chain programs, & is adept at engaging internal & external stakeholders at all levels of an organization, is a sharp analytical thinker with a data-driven approach to solving problems, & someone who will flourish in a role with considerable autonomy & visibility
- Drive, in collaboration with leadership, program owners, long range planning processes, & operations plans
- Drive cadence & content for strategic, business, operational reviews
- Develop & own our portfolio, program & project framework & inspection mechanisms
- Drive special & strategic projects
- Own & engage with finance partners to drive business data analysis to help drive strategic decisions
- Analyze operations to identify key metrics & opportunities for effective business operations
- Drive regular cadence of communications to stakeholders including internal employees, external audiences
- Facilitate program & product roadmaps
- Hire, developed & lead a team of program managers who will drive supply chain programs & product development at BARK
- 5+ years of experience with supply chain business management functions in large multi-national organizations.
- Experience partnering effectively with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience leading a team of program/product managers
- Experience MS Office suite of products (in particular word, excel)
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree is required; MBA is desired
- Strong project, program & resource management skills for highly complex business & technical initiatives
- Excellent business writing & communication skills to peers & senior leadership teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities, multicultural, matrixed environment.
- SQL, Data Analysis & Excel savvy to aid problem-solving & drive decisions
- Strong interpersonal & relationship building skills; proven ability to get results
- Strategic thinker with highly developed analytical & critical thinking abilities. Able to find & mine data to help make design strategy & road map decisions
- Leads by example, shows strong bias for action, & holds people accountable to goals
This position is a full-time salaried position. This position is a full-time salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York or Columbus, Ohio; or remote. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.