About the Role
WeWork is hiring a back end engineer to work on applications that connect our members both socially & professionally. For a passionate & motivated engineer, this is a phenomenal opportunity to be a part of a new team establishing best practices for building, testing & iterating in an event-based micro-service architecture. We are overhauling the current member experience to better unite our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) & each other to help them connect, grow & ultimately be more successful.
TheEngagement mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments & connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is passionate about increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, & building engaging community models in smart environments.
- You'll be working to design, develop, test, ship & improve our backend applications.
- You will debate, design & ship new features with in an innovative, iterative & creative mindset.
- You will take part in scaling our event-based, micro-service architecture in a fast-growing engineering team.
- 5+ years of professional work experience in backend software development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in at least one general purpose programming backend language.
- Professional experience with three or more from the following: consumer APIs, distributed & parallel systems, networking, aggregation services, message queues, performance tuning, database optimization, DevOps, infrastructure, automated testing.
- 7+ years of professional work experience in backend software development.
- Deep experience in either Ruby, Java, or Go.
- Deep experience with event based systems & messaging paradigms.
- Experience with & knowledge of Docker.
- Experience and/or interest in other areas of development (web, mobile).
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.