At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
Cloudflare is seeking an International Payroll Manager to join our Finance team. You are a proven professional who embraces the great responsibility of owning & providing strategic direction for all things payroll processes & operations related. To succeed in this role, you will need excellent interpersonal & communication skills to work effectively with internal team members in addition to handling external service providers. You will own all aspects of Cloudflares payroll processes for our global employees. The International Payroll Manager will report to the Controller.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Manage all payroll operations related to employee compensation, bonuses, commissions, equity transaction, benefits, etc.; this includes processing payroll for exempt & non-exempt workers, researching discrepancies & identifying & resolving payroll-related issues
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation/review of period-end accruals & monthly journal entries for all payroll & benefits & preparation of reconciliations of payroll accounts
- Ownership of payroll procedures including analysis, design & implementation of changes to ensure continuous improvement in accuracy & efficiency, while operating within compliance with company policies
- Partner with HR to keep all payroll records accurate & up to date
- Act as primary communicator with payroll software vendor to maintain the payroll system, assist in resolving problems, & implement changes when necessary
- Provide formal & ad-hoc analysis of payroll, benefits, & headcount
- Oversee the delivery of out of cycle/ad hoc payments to employees & production & issuance of manual checks or electronic transfers to bank accounts
- Support annual financial statement, defined benefit plan, & other audits as required
- Manage annual preparation & delivery of Form W-2s & 1099s
- Respond to employee inquiries & requests regarding payroll matters
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, & local payroll tax laws.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business and/or equivalent combination of education
- 5-7 years of global payroll experience with 3 years of proven leadership responsibility
- Highly analytical with a strong working knowledge of payroll & tax processes with multiple withholdings, benefits (health & welfare & retirement), garnishments, labor compliance, accounting principles related to payroll, & Federal, State & local regulations
- Demonstrated expertise supporting best practice payroll processes, systems, policies, & key internal controls
- Expertise with Workday
- Familiarity with NetSuite a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.