The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the lifecycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, flexible work hours & Friday bagels!
This position is based in New Jersey, where employees receive the following: free shuttle from the local train station to the office, free or discounted lunch options three times per week, free bagels twice a week, on-site mini mart service for your convenience, & monthly free events with snacks & other giveaways!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Style & shoot clothing on both women & men mannequins.
- Shoot scarves & kids clothing.
- Be able to reach a quota of 180+ items per day.
- Work with the photo team to meet end of the month deadlines (overtime often required).
- Assist with the movement of physical product through the studio.
- Steam clothing as needed.
- Maintain an organized & tidy studio.
- Be a self-starter & able to take a look at what needs to be done & move forward.
- Ensure product is handled to the highest quality standards.
- Style clothing according to company standard.
- Facilitate product prep & distribution.
- Ability to work 10 hours days from 9 AM till 7:30 PM Wednesday through Saturday or Friday through Sunday
- Minimum 1-year styling or photography experience within the fashion industry.
- Photography degree or experience preferred.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & reach with hands & arms. Be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vi . sion, peripheral vision, depth perception & ability to adjust focus.
- Basic understanding of Mac OS & Canon cameras.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work quickly & effectively with very strong attention to detail.
- Pro-active & able to show initiative & ideas.
- Excellent timekeeping & ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well with deadlines & metrics.
- Contributes & works well within teams.