Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
As the Director of Product Management leading the Consumer product team, you will own the customer experience for our free & paid learners. You will be accountable for continuously improving the user journey starting from acquisition through activation & conversion from free to paid through to retention. You & the team will be responsible for defining & delivering experiences that create millions of lifelong technology learners in partnership with design, engineering, & other functions. Ultimately your success will be measured by your customers satisfaction.
If you want to build a business that impacts tens of millions of people & helps them lead better lives, join us!
WHAT YOULL DO
- Define & execute the consumer products strategy in a manner that is consistent with our company mission & product principles
- Lead by example using quantitative & qualitative data to drive decision making
- Maintain & share with stakeholders detailed a competitive analysis
- Set, track & achieve the product goals for our consumer offers
- Lead the consumer product team to identify & prioritize problems to be solved, then validate them with data, engineering, & design teams
- Establish & champion a product roadmap that inspires the entire company to deliver the strategy
- Lead cross functional teams to identify & specify solutions to learner problems that are enriching, usable, feasible & that benefit our business
- Supervise product managers as they ideate & create requirements with acceptance criteria
- Determine & deliver returns on investments from product development initiatives
- Ensure company-wide transparency into product discovery & delivery activities
- Coach & mentor your team to create high performing product managers in partnership with our people department
WHAT YOULL NEED
- Reputation as a customer obsessed product owner
- A Founder mentality - relentless, resourceful, proactive, & results-oriented
- Minimum of 8 years as a product owner managing the end to end product lifecycle
- Minimum of 3 years as manager of people
- Demonstrated data literacy skills
- Clear & concise written & verbal communication skills
- Experience developing product strategies & business cases that were funded
- Strong track record of developing & shipping high quality products for web, mobile, & tablets
- Expertise in agile development software methodologies
- Strong track record of establishing trusted relationships
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Proven track record improving direct to consumer SaaS acquisition, conversion, & retention
- Familiarity with popular front & back end technologies
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle processes
- Experience with education technology
- A portfolio that showcases the accomplishments described in your resume
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.