CLEARs mission is to strengthen security & create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, & face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports & other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation & more with CLEAR.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we're working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused & customer-centric software development leader. As a Senior Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading multiple technology teams in design, development, test, & deployment of these services. This role will lead the teams in our Experiences organization. Our experiences organization drives our Mobile, Web, Kiosk (HW & SW) functions.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, & a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, & flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. Your team will be building cloud native applications hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for technical project delivery & support of your system
- Work with Product Management to drive & develop a strategic program roadmap
- You will be managing managers/leads of multiple teams
- You will create a technical strategy for your system
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture & design
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing cross-functional teams to deliver products & projects on tight deadlines
- Drive Operational Excellence of a consumer facing software solution
- Understand OO design & knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- Experience in modern front end technologies such as React & Mobile technologies
- Able to build, manage, & work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Up to date with technology trends & experience in building cloud native is a plus