When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. Were a technology driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world, so come & join us for the ride.
What youll be doing:
Youre obsessed with data, patterns & problem solving - Deliveroo is constantly evolving & your role is to identify the trends that make Deliveroo stand out in a competitive market. You relish working in a fast paced environment & are confident using first principles thinking to solve a wide range of data related problems, developing novel solutions based on what you see. Youll have a strong grounding in numbers & be able to use both quantitative & qualitative analysis to make decisions & build processes.
- Working with the Operations Strategy Lead to support a wide variety of data analysis. This will include projects across operations, delivery network, marketing, CRM, fraud prevention & internal data training.
- Understanding, interpreting & presenting trends across the delivery network
- Using data to identify high value opportunities & improve resource allocation
- Identifying customer trends alongside our CRM team to optimise outbound communications
- Working with senior managers both locally & globally to identify & reduce fraudulent transactions
- Developing models & strategies to ensure internal stakeholders are receiving timely, high-signal, information that can be translated into actionable outcomes
- Creating & presenting business reports for senior stakeholders
- Support the business in data training, including using our internal data platform Looker (training provided)
Put simply, your mission is to ensure we are making the most of our data in order to become the best food delivery platform for our customers, restaurants, & riders.
Skills you'll need:
This is an ideal role for a recent graduate or someone with recent analytical experience in a commercial environment.
- You'll be proactive & agile. We move fast at Deliveroo & youll be comfortable in this environment - the busiest time for food delivery isn't 9-5, Monday to Friday.
- Analytical with a passion for detail & a keen eye for practical solutions to problems
- Detail-oriented & able to maintain a high level of accuracy across all aspects of your work, seeing patterns others would miss
- Ready to think outside the box - the problems we face on a day to day basis are complex & varied
- Willingness to learn new concepts & ideas on the fly
- You'll be comfortable working in Excel & / or Google Sheets
- Experience with Python, SQL or other analytical software is a plus but not necessary - training will be provided
- Become one of the key employees of a fast-growing, exciting startup changing the food delivery landscape
- Open, respectful & fun company culture
- Additional leave days for years of service
- Volunteering leave to support a charity of your choice
- Health & Wellbeing
- Free access to HeadSpace
- ClassPass corporate discount
- LinkedIn Learning Access
- Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery & access to special offers
- Amazing HQ offices located in Melbourne CBD
- Excellent kit to enable working from home & a parent-friendly working culture
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity benefits
- Quarterly celebrations with the wider team, end of year parties & regular social events
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them.
There are so many questions we need to answer & plenty more we havent even encountered. How do data & technology help restaurants to grow as consumer habits change? How can we predict what someone wants to order for dinner long before the idea has even crossed their mind? At Deliveroo these are just some of the tough problems we are solving - & there is no challenge that cannot be yours. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.
Apply now to continue the conversation.