The Compliance Associate will report to the Director of Compliance & will play a key role in helping our rapidly growing FinTech company promote trust & reliability in the growing cryptocurrency industry. As a member of the team responsible for ensuring our products are not used by criminals & terrorists, you will help Paxos identify bad behavior, interdict high risk activity, & promote the legitimate use cases of our revolutionary technology.
The Compliance Associate will be results-oriented, drive compliance initiatives with regards to our regulatory obligations, & thrive in high growth tech startup environments. This role is crucial to the success of the broader company as it calls for cross-functional engagement of stakeholders, including Operations, Product, Engineering, Legal & Finance.
Who You Are:
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in Compliance
- You have experience handling & organizing data, conducting qualitative & quantitative analyses, & presenting findings
- You have a basic understanding of local anti-money laundering & sanctions regulations & a desire to become a subject-matter expert in the field
- You have strong writing capabilities where deliverables are to be reviewed by senior management, regulators, auditors & law enforcement.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced & tech-oriented environment within a global team setting.
- Experience with transaction monitoring, spreadsheets, or data analytic tools is highly preferable.
- You embody our culture & values
What youll do:
- You will execute all objectives of the entire Compliance program, including transaction monitoring & investigations, client onboarding & customer due diligence, SARs, sanctions screening, vendor management, training, etc.
- You will effectively coordinate with business & operational teams across all products & services to provide an optimal customer experience while maintaining compliance with our regulatory obligations.
- You will actively partner with global functional teams to support compliance-specific & cross-functional responsibilities & initiatives.
Other than these qualifications, were hoping to bring someone on board who loves what they do & cant wait to join an amazing team.