Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As an Engineer in DigitalOcean, the software you write will power applications for over a million users around the globe. You will help define the next generation of cloud services & create flexible & powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to support our growing customer base. Your solutions will make developers lives (both inside DO & in the wild) easier by building new systems & improving the efficiency & performance of existing systems.
If your passion is building products & systems customers rely on every day, DigitalOcean is the right place for you. This role can be worked remotely within the United States or Canada or from our offices in New York City, Cambridge, MA.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Shepherd the architecture of your teams solutions with your teammates
- Engineer solutions to business problems
- Create services that are performance & highly reliable
- Contribute to building & maturing engineering practices
- Take part in an on-call rotation
- Technologies we use: Kubernetes, Go, gRPC, MySQL, Redis, Kafka, & others
What We'll Expect From You:
- Language: Demonstrated ability to develop, test, ship, & maintain, & operate production-ready code & systems (Go, a plus but not a requirement!)
- Experience contributing meaningfully to discussions on architectures, implementations, design patterns, & processes with the ability to succinctly convey ideas to peers & mentees
- Proficiency in software development methodologies
- Ability to navigate the complexity of distributed systems to operate them in production
- Experience working within a microservice architecture, with knowledge of both asynchronous, event-driven processing, & synchronous GRPC/HTTP based requests
- Comfortable with rapid execution, learning from failure, & building scale & reliability
- Strong opinions, weakly held
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!