Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de & www.refinery29.com/fr-frfor more information & to browse content.
What Makes an R29er?
You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.You have a deep knowledge & interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work, your ambition, & your attitude.
What you'll do:
- Reporting to the Senior Sales Director,youll oversee & manage operations, process, project management, & execution of branded productions in Canada.
- Set expectation of executing best-in-class content work that is consistently on time, on scope, & on budget
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing, sales, account management, creative, brand strategy & sales to drive campaigns, processes, & workflows to success
- Work simultaneously on several brands but treat each brand uniquely & create strong consistent stories/concepts for each
- Own talent buying in the Canadian marketplace
- Hire & manage third-party Canadian creatives to be used for all production needs, including directors, producers, photographers, stylists, makeup artists, etc.
- Help optimize the Canadian product offering from a costing, licensing, & contracting perspective
- You will be responsible for each project full lifecycle: from working with strategy/creative to help guide ideation, defining a budget & a timeline, & delivering the project successfully to exact time & quality levels
- Manage & oversee the branded content legal processes involved in producing content & the ability to negotiate third party contracts
- Proactively anticipate execution obstacles & have a calm, consistent, & confident approach to solve them.
- Develop a core understanding of marketplace needs, opportunities, & challenges
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in media or production
- Excellent relationships & contacts within the Canadian creative community
- A positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgement & discretion
- A proficient knowledge of the integrated production process, from ideation to execution