We are seeking a Global Finance Senior Manager to join the Accounting & Finance team at Birchbox. This position will support strategic decision making, work cross-functionally on initiatives, & drive financial accountability across the business. Were looking for someone who is excited to develop a strong perspective & understanding of the key levers that drive our business.
The Global Finance Senior Manager will work closely with leaders across Birchbox in order to improve financial forecast & monthly reporting standards. Were looking for someone who is analytical, strategic, an effective communicator, & can build effective partnerships across the business. This role will manage the day-to-day operations of the Finance team & report directly to the Head of Global Finance.
**We are looking for teammates who are willing to work out of our New York, NY office on a full time basis. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely indefinitely, however, we do expect to return to the office.**
- Manage Finance as a Strategic Partner initiative to support business owners on strategic thinking, planning & analyses, & provide recommendations to support decision making.
- Production of financial reporting deliverables for the board of directors, executive/VP level management, & weekly all-hands meetings that drive timeliness, accountability, & depth of understanding of key financial levers & context around business initiatives & trends.
- Production of global annual budget & monthly/weekly financial forecasts.
- Develop & monitor KPIs that measure the activities that support strategic objectives.
- Create global alignment on financial reporting processes & strategic finance initiatives.
- Identify process improvements in financial reporting, budgeting, & forecasting processes, including development of automated processes & retrospective analysis.
- Develop education initiatives for the broader Birchbox team on financial matters.
- Prepare debt compliance reporting packages.
- Prepare deliverables related to investor / bank diligence & auditor requests.
- Manage a Senior Financial Analyst, ensuring the direct report is motivated & developing new skill sets, setting goals & providing regular feedback against the goals.
- 5+ years of experience in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, & strategic finance.
- Bonus points for investment banking experience
- Detailed understanding of income statement, balance sheet, & cash flow dynamics.
- Strong financial modeling skills & an advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Solid written & verbal communication & relationship building skills.
A successful candidate
- Prides themselves in having excellent relationship building & communication skills, both written & in person, & feels comfortable communicating & presenting to leadership & the broader Birchbox organization.
- Breaks down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, assumptions & judgment.
- Is an analytical & creative thinker who focuses on the details without losing sight of the larger context
- Continuously evaluates, challenges, & evolves thinking & processes to most effectively support the business.
- Holds a sense of urgency when executing job responsibilities & prioritizes effectively.
- Manages through uncertainty & makes decisions when there are still questions to be answered.
Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: weve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty & grooming by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isnt the simple concept of delivering a box of samples its understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***