Account Manager/Production & Administrative Assistant
Job Summary: As an integral member of the radio stations administrative support staff, this position requires an outgoing personality & professional but friendly demeanor, with the ability to be flexible & multi-task in a busy atmosphere. Partners with Account Executives to ensure the long-term success of our customers by providing sales support, acting as a liaison with clients, & ensuring successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs; providing assistance writing scripts & other copy & producing & recording commercials & other on air features; providing phone & reception support for our visitors & in coordination with on-air staff; assisting the Business Manager with traffic, billing & other duties as assigned.
- Duties including answering phones, greeting guests, facilitating prize distributions.
- Provide administrative & clerical support to Managers & station Account Executives
- Assist the programming department in creating & producing commercials & records other daily reports & announcements to air on all stations.
- Operate sound board for remote broadcasts during business hours.
- Uploading weekly shows to automation, such as religious programs, etc.
- Maintain Political files by collecting & scanning all documentation for upload to Public File
- Participate in Sales meetings & training opportunities when available.
- Enter Sales Orders into Wide Orbit & vCreative, & follow the life of the order while responding to client requests: order confirmations, spot times, invoices, missing copy for broadcast & digital.
- Generates reports related to sales activities & revenue data, bump reports, unapproved credits, etc.
- Acts as an extension of the sales team by assisting with sales development, sales material creation, marketing communications, & sponsorship proposals & recaps.
- Assists programming in updating website postings & social media activity for all station sites.
- Provides administrative and/or process support for contract administration, customer service, & order history.
- Records & forwards payments, handles contracts for Account Executives, prepares presentations, type & proofread correspondence, files & makes copies.
- Assists Market President, Operations Manager, & Business Manager with tasks & projects in each department.
- Additional projects & responsibilities added as needed & assigned by Market President, Operations Manager & Business Manager.
- Manages time; focuses on urgent & important tasks; avoids procrastination; follows up; shows strong attention to detail; meets deadlines
- Adapts to shifts in priorities & urgencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; familiar with Wide Orbit, or demonstrates ability to learn new systems quickly
- Assumes responsibility & accountability for assignments & tasks
- Actively listens; clearly & effectively conveys information; uses professional telephone skills; demonstrates effective business writing skills; shows excellent grasp of grammar
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations & personalities
- Demonstrates competitive spirit; shows desire to move up
- 4-year college degree or comparable work experience
Townsquare is a media, entertainment & digital marketing solutions company principally focused on small & mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our local media assets include 321 radio stations & more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, including iconic brands such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 & NJ101.5, & a streaming radio app, radioPup, available for iOS & Android.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Medias employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.