The Okta Identity Engine is the heart of Oktas industry-leading access management platform that allows organizations to protect their applications while providing delightful end user experiences & a powerful set of APIs that developers can use to deliver any Workforce or Customer Identity use case. From flexible user registration mechanisms to satisfying a variety of assurance requirements including password-less logins, emails magic links & more, the Identity Engine has powerful out-of-the-box features, & at the same time is extensible to allow customers to tailor experiences to meet the needs of their organizations.
However, a lot remains to be done. We are only starting to scratch the surface of the set of innovative use cases that we can unlock for our customers. And we can make it easier for IT admins to implement their identity solutions & for developers to create & test their code before it is ready to be deployed within some of the worlds largest organizations.
Come join the Okta team to help us take the Okta Identity Engine to the next level! We are looking for a Senior or Group Product Manager who can formulate the vision & strategy for the Okta Identity Engine. This is a highly visible cross-functional role where you will be at forefront of defining whats next for one of the most critical platforms components at Okta.
You will be responsible for:
- Understand & prioritize the needs of the customer. Partner closely with Engineering. Design & Marketing to test problem hypotheses & validate solution with customers
- Think strategically about problems & create solutions that deliver immediate customer value while aligning to your long-term vision
- Write high quality product requirements, partner with engineering on executing on major infrastructure projects & be a leader of your feature teams
- Define measurable outcomes for your teams & regularly track & report on progress
- Collaborate with product marketing & technical marketing to support creations of messaging & content & enable the Okta sales team
- Work closely with our Tech Partnership & Strategy to identify industry trends & define Oktas approach to capitalize on those opportunities
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience working on building Platforms and/or Developer Tools
- You put the needs of customers above all else & walk back from their problems all the way to creating detailed product requirements & bringing solutions to market
- You are willing to get hands-on with Engineering teams to design solutions that require your design input on technical challenges
- You maintain a track record of creating roadmaps consisting deliverables spanning multiple parts of an organization
- Ability to write code required for creating demos, samples, & public presentations
- Excellent writing & communications skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent entrepreneurial experience
- Experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers
Meet the manager:
Unni Ravindranathan is the Director of Product Management at Okta
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative & successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies & provides flexible benefits & collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best & uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Oktas privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.