Like most guys, we just want getting dressed to be easy. But somewhere along the way things got complicated. Nothing seemed to fit quite right, quality was lacking & shopping was a painful exercise of trial & error. There were somehow way too many options, or none. And whenever we did find something we liked, we knew it would be a little different the next time we looked. So we decided to fix that.
We started with underwear & socks, things that could make you more comfortable every single day. Since then, weve gone on to reinvent other essentials that didnt meet our standards for comfort, performance, quality, or design. If you only need one version of it, we only make the best possible versionand once we get it right, we dont change a thing.
Mack Weldon is looking for a multitalented Social Media & PR Manager to plan & execute a social media & PR strategy according to brand guidelines & agreed upon messaging. This role will be both strategic & tactical.
In this role, youll be key to driving our engagement & amplifying our brand by developing an overall strategy across Mack Weldons social media & public relations channels. Youre as creative & aesthetically minded as you are analytical & data-driven, embracing the idea of authentic, on-brand marketing.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Social Media Strategy: Revamp & execute global social strategy. Stay on top of emerging social channels, analyzing & formally presenting opportunities for growth. Identify, negotiate, & manage ongoing influencer & brand ambassador programs.
- Campaign Execution: Own & execute campaigns across all social channels (especially Instagram & Facebook) to grow brand awareness, drive engagement, & increase traffic to site through both paid & non-paid tactics. Oversee development of content calendar & social-specific content production, ensuring brand priorities & health of channels are met & maintained
- Public Relations: Create content for media kits, press releases, articles, & presentations. Cultivate relationships with & manage outreach to PR players & select partners, securing brand-enhancing coverage. Work with our PR agency partner to manage product launch plans, oversee influencer partnerships, & execute events, with the goal of increasing brand awareness & PR value. Create media briefing documents for all interviews & reporter meetings. Manage media inquiries & interview requests.
- Partnerships: Evaluate opportunities for brand partnerships with influencers, like minded brands, retailers, conferences, etc.
- Communications: Build & maintain understanding of industry trends to make informed recommendations about communications strategy.
- Creative: Concept engaging & compelling content for all social media channels & the Mack Weldon blog, collaborating with Copy & Design on execution.
- Analytics: Analyze performance metrics for social campaigns & make strategic recommendations on how to optimize based on data.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS:
- 2-4 years of real world experience in a social media and/or PR capacity
- Exposure to digitally native, direct to consumer brands
- Stellar communication, writing & editing skills, with painstaking attention to detail
- Confident project manager, collaborator & multitasker
- Ability to work independently with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Proficiency with all social platforms, especially Instagram, Facebook, & Pinterest, & social management tools
- Experience conceptualizing, building & executing public relations campaigns that meet business objectives & KPIs
- Excitement about the evolving digital-social space & awareness of industry updates & emerging tech
- Ability to be the voice & face of Mack Weldon across all social & PR channels
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in social media, marketing communications or other relevant discipline
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. Were slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon & our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You wont find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We wont sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- Its all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours