Peloton is seeking an IT Director, Retail Technology. Reporting to the SVP of IT for Supply Chain, this position is responsible for managing our Retail technology stack to support Pelotons omni channel strategy. In this position, you will be responsible for owning the overall technical architecture leadership of our Omni-Channel solutions.
You will own the overall IT design of solutions & aligning customer/business requirements to systems/technical requirements using best practices, design patterns & existing assets using a cutting-edge technology stack. The successful candidate will embrace a decentralized & collaborative culture, while focusing on improving outcomes & delivering market leading innovations.
You will also work collaboratively with peers to define our future omni channel retail technology roadmap & build strategic relationships with key IT & Business leaders to ensure success. We are looking for someone with extensive experience with all facets of software development lifecycle, implementation, & support, in a large multi-channel environment.
The candidate needs to be highly analytical & have extensive technical & project management experience especially with hands-on experience in supply & demand planning solutions. The candidate must be a self-starter, flexible problem solver, & outstanding communicator who is comfortable learning quickly & connecting the dots between disparate technologies. These skills are required to work across multiple functions & geographies within Pelotons matrixed organization. Success will depend on the candidates ability to quickly form both professional & personal relationships with colleagues & drive to rigorous, measurable, user-friendly deliverables.
- Experience with leading POS & LOS technology development preferred.
- Provide technology & architecture leadership across the customer experience platform.
- Evaluate & benchmark new application frameworks, platforms & technologies enabling Peloton to make high impact, long-term decisions around design, development & deployment of software applications supporting Omni-Channel capabilities.
- Architect the future state & the path to get there, accounting for near-term product deliverables.
- Be a bridge between digital & retail teams & create a roadmap for building OMNI Channel systems & connect all retail systems with other supply chain execution platforms.
- Lead a team of engineers & architects to deliver architecture & design for all OMNI Channel programs.
- Create frameworks & solutions to promote re-usability, to avoid redundancy & duplication.
- Be instrumental in introducing new technologies to support technology transformation by partnering with IT infrastructure & security teams.
- Effectively collaborate with leadership & business & product teams within information technology, store operations, business units, marketing & across external alliance partners.
- Define the software development standards & best practices for robust, secure, scalable, highly performant, & supportable applications.
- Foster continuous improvement & innovation; Lead change initiatives throughout the organization.
- Maintain a complete set of architectural artifacts that accurately reflect the systems, all interactions & data flows, & the underlying infrastructure, as well as the business capabilities & user roles, supported or impacted by the solution & its implementation.
- Experience in building, developing, & managing highly effective engineering teams
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Graduate degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Economics etc.) or MBA. Academic qualifications specific to supply chain disciplines, such as production planning, manufacturing & inventory control highly preferred.
- Experience in developing the architecture of large-scale web/mobile & retail POS/store systems & applications
- Experience with micro-services architecture, design patterns, & standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability & user experience.
- Experience in cloud migration & developing platform solutions to support microservices based applications.
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on AWS or Azure, Manhattan WMS, TMS, E2Open, SAP S4/Hana is desired.
- A strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade & highly scalable.
- Knowledge of API Management frameworks & building scalable & high-performance APIs & workflows
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Experienced technical understanding of supply chain & manufacturing systems
- Strong leadership, communication, consulting & influencing skills
- Deep knowledge of supply chain standard methodologies
- Strong systems thinking capability
- Critical thinking skills
- Highly self-motivated & outcome oriented
- Program/Project management, with experience leading multiple large projects
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.