Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You are an engineerwho has domain knowledge or an interest in networking, Big Data, machine learning & cybersecurity. You are ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world's most advanced cybersecurity technologies & thrive in a super dynamic environment where you are being counted on to help to defend Visa from the most advanced cyber threats. You are looking to innovate the next generation of cybersecurity technology with Petabytes of data.
You will leverage cutting-edge technologies to perform statistical profiling, inference, classification, clustering & predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will translate cyber & network security related requirements into sophisticated models to help derive new insights to defend against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety of data sets, cutting-edge security technologies, & world-class operation teams to create awesome analyses for cyber security.
- Analytical model design, development & implementation
- Performing data analysis to support cybersecurity/risk functions
- Security analytics product development / integration
Your responsibilities include:
- As a key member of the security analytics team, you will work closely with other data scientists & data engineers to build, design, engineer, & develop analytical software & services that deliver security functionality & improve security efficiency & capabilities through automation.
- Utilize information retrieval, data analytics, & statistical modeling techniques to build new machine learning models & apply it to cybersecurity usecases. This will include the entire lifecycle includingdata acquisition, feature engineering, model development, training, testing, deployment, operationalization, & tuning.
- Support & optimize other existing analytical models/products.
- Assist in shaping overall direction, life-cycle management, & leadership for Information Security architecture & technology related to Visa.
- Communicate clean & persuasive data directly to end users, leadership, & other stakeholders, technical & non-technical.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- Strong coding skills & experience withPython(includingSciPy,NumPy, and/orPySpark) and/orScala.
- Strong scripting skills withShell scriptandSQL
- Knowledge & implementation experience withstatistical & machine learningmodels (regression, classification, clustering, graph models, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Spark & Hadoop.
- Knowledge & experience with API development & automation.
- Knowledge & experience withstream processing(spark/structured streaming)
- Experience with data analytics & visualizationtools like Jupyter Notebook & Tableau.
- Knowledgeand experience with enterprise networks & information tools.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-5% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.