RubiconMD, an innovative healthcare startup bringing better care at lower costs to providers & their patients across the country, seeks a Ruby on Rails developer to join our excellent full stack team in New York City. If youre passionate about having a positive impact by revolutionizing the healthcare system & democratizing access to care, wed love to learn more about you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Build new features for our core application rubiconmd.com.
- Work with our product team when specifying requirements for new features.
- Build new tooling for our team to sustain our current growth.
- Build new integrations with external healthcare providers.
- Strategize with your coworkers about the best ways to implement requirements.
- Identify weaknesses in our existing codebase, write tests, & improve the code.
- Define, measure, & act upon indicators in regards to performance, response times, & numbers of exceptions.
- Confer together with a product & project manager with our clients via phone or video conference to identify & solve technical shortcomings.
What success looks like:
You provide a stable, well tested, easy to maintain software that allows RubiconMD to deliver on one of its top organizational priorities: providing a reliable, secure, & always available eConsult platform to our providers & the patients they care for.
Success in this role means:
- Our clients receive a dependable, performant product & can utilize RubiconMD to provide care to their patients.
- Our code base will be easy to maintain, & it will be enjoyable to extend our feature set.
- The team will meet its goals in terms of features, test coverage, & performance requirements.
- The design decisions you made with your coworkers will allow for quick growth & enhancements will be easy to define & execute.
- You grow in your role & expand your knowledge & experience.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- You are proficient in Ruby on Rails.
- You write specs or tests.
- You worked with SQL before, experience with Postgres is a plus.
- You have knowledge of a code versioning tool, ideally, git.
- Experience with Angular & AWS are a plus.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- You enjoy working out technical challenges with your coworkers, some of which work in different time zones.
Our Hiring Philosophy
RubiconMDs founding mission is to democratize medical expertise, so that all patient populations have access to the care they need. In order to deliver on this, we focus on empowering primary care providers, who we believe are the key to a thriving, equitable health care system. Its no small order, but we can achieve it with the right team. Thats why we hire people with drive & leadership, who are also highly accountableto each other, to the providers we serve, & to the impact we exist to make.
RubiconMD is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits discrimination against persons of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, age, disability, & genetics.