Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
We are looking for a Marketing Data Analyst to join the Marketing team at Cockroach Labs. Youll use data to shape CockroachDBs marketing strategy, methods, & tactics. Youll create insights that will be used to drive strategic decisions for the company -- identifying investment opportunities for growth, helping us understand campaign impact on pipeline generation, & defining metrics to guide our actions as we grow our user base. You will bring an affinity for synthesizing & visualizing data, marketing domain experience, data mining, & communication skills to help ensure were operating as a best-in-class marketing organization.
- Measure the performance of marketing campaigns & activities, including business metrics & revenue impact.
- Leverage marketing attribution reporting (currently using Bizible) & long term analysis to inform quarterly & yearly planning
- Collect & extract data from a variety of systems in order to design & generate reports & dashboards (currently running on Looker)
- Generate ad hoc campaign reports to support a variety of marketing channels (email, website, paid, events).
- Prepare & present results of marketing campaigns to Marketing & Sales stakeholders & leadership
- Provide strategic & tactical recommendations for optimization & investment
- 4+ years of experience analyzing data in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Ability to manipulate large data sets with high dimensionality & complexity
- Attention to detail & commitment to high-quality results-oriented output
- Experience with business intelligence, data warehousing, & modeling tools
- Effective communication skills: Work with cross-functional stakeholders & present ideas in a non-technical way
- Background in statistics, data modeling, or data science
In your first 30 days, you will assess where we are with our data analytics effort & where we need to be. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology & our company.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team & will take the lead on our data analytics tooling, dashboards & optimize how we centralize data. You will own our BI reporting (Looker) & support leadership with critical analysis & recommendations that will make a material impact on how the Marketing team impacts company revenue.
Reporting to Maria Toft - Director of Demand Generation
As a "left-brained" marketer with a passion for building things to last, Maria says that joining Cockroach Labs as the Director of Demand Generation was a no-brainer. Maria is responsible for executing our multi-channel strategies (digital media, events, etc.) to drive prospect engagement & customer activation. Outside of work, you can find her walking her dogs, playing tennis, doing yoga, & exploring the beautiful nature in New York State.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.