BuzzFeed, the media company for the social age, is hiring a Vice President to lead Research & Insights across the company. As leaders in distributed media, BuzzFeed has unlimited ways to help marketers & advertisers understand the value of our data to improve how, when, & where to engage our audience.
Reporting to theChief Revenue Officer, the VP, Research & Insights will lead a team of research professionals to provide important insights & expertise to BuzzFeed leaders & help position BuzzFeed in market, increase revenue & partnerships around the world, & understand & build on the effectiveness of our content. The VP, Research & Insights will develop,synthesize, perform andleveragequalitative & quantitativeresearch & analyticsand other sources of insights to guide the business forward. You are an experienced media researchprofessionalwith a deep knowledge of andpassionfor digital media, entertainment & consumer insights & a special knack for delivering those important insights in a simple & powerful way. The VP, Research & Insights can be based in either our New York or Los Angeles office.
- Understand,track & providefeedback tothe organizationand provide a holistic understanding of all BuzzFeed audiences
- Turn business issues into the right research questions. Pursue & guide the best research approach including qualitative & quantitative consumer insights programs that will create excellent, impactful insights that develop & move strategy forward & empower decision making
- Lead market & brand research, strategicinsights & analytics, & ad effectiveness teams to perform research through proprietary & vendor partner tools; own data strategy & analysis planning
- Bring research findings to life in creative ways & communicate insights
- Be an expert in the industry supporting client relationship building by presenting alongside sales teams & through speaking engagements
- Take a broad view of the external competitive landscape to developthought leadershipfor future growth for BuzzFeed.
- Translateleadershipinto insightinitiativesfor sellers, marketers & commerce; lead & help implement theseinitiatives
- Lead the operational performance of the Research & Insights team; manage, train, andinspireteam members & their direct reports
- Develop understanding of BuzzFeed advertising products, how they perform, their value for clients & how they compare to competitors
- Deep experience (15+ years) in data & analytics, market research, insights creation, strategy development, or consultancy with some of that experience including leading a team & managing the work of others
- Demonstratedability to execute/project manage large-scale research projects from beginning to completion
- Knowledge & proficiency with custom & syndicated media measurement tools as well as brand & communications assessment methodologies.
- Understanding ofthe digital media landscape & how content is delivered & consumed
- Fanatic for quality anddelivering results; ability to contribute bothstrategicallyand tactically
- Previous management experience;ability to leadand train a team,exemplaryat team-building
- Expertise in qualitative & quantitative research methodologies & experience developing audience or consumer-based research including fieldwork & survey design
- Fluency in third-party data sources & POV on data integrity & validity of sources
- Experience communicating, both written & verbally, to diverse audiences;ability to delivercompelling presentations
- Experience & comfort working in a dynamic business environment where quick decision making is crucial
- A successful track record as a researcher with command of digital & social media andintellectual curiosity
- Proficiency with excel, powerpoint,keynoteand G-suite.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.