Pilot is a modern connectivity company servicing businesses in New York City. We deliver fiber-optic internet services with no contracts, backed by a 100% uptime guarantee & 24/7 proactive support.
We're a passionate, close-knit team based in NYC that believes businesses have more important things to worry about than their internet connection. Our top priority is enabling extraordinary work across all industries with connectivity solutions that are adaptive, agile, & designed with the customer in mind.
ON A TYPICAL DAY YOULL
- Place fiber optic cable throughout NYC office buildings
- Troubleshoot & negotiate cable paths with building engineers & superintendents
- Create new pathways for fiber deployment, drilling through concrete walls & floors
- Mount & assemble fiber optic distribution panels in building closets/electrical rooms
- Splice fiber cables using Fujikura Fusers - both single & ribbon splices in indoor & outdoor environments
- Operate OTDR, Light Meter, VFL & other fiber equipment/tools
- Complete progress reports & job status updates daily
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in any hands-on, labor intensive position
- Basic understanding of the construction industry
- Flexibility to accept changing shifts & overtime
- Comfortability working in confined spaces (basements, electrical closets, shaftways, etc.)
- Valid, clean drivers license (MVR check required)
- Valid OSHA 30 Hour Construction Certification required
- Reliable daily transportation to & from Brooklyn depot
- Capability of lifting up to 75lbs
- Capability of climbing stairs, ladders & standing for long periods
PILOTS PAY & PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Stock Options
- Commuter Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO
At Pilot, we believe differences make us stronger, & that our diversity is something to celebrate. Pilot hires without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (and pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Pilot Fiber is not open to third-party solicitation or resumes for our posted positions. Any resume submitted to a Pilot Fiber employee by a recruiting firm that does not have a valid, written search agreement with us will be considered a referral, regardless of whether it is submitted for a posted position or for general consideration, & no matter how it is submitted (via email, the Internet, or other means). No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Pilot Fiber as a result of the referral or through other means.
VISA SPONSORSHIP NOT AVAILABLE