Were looking for an experienced product manager to grow our BuzzFeed News flagship site & app. You will have a passion for news, leading a team to launch & improve impactful products. With a small team to start, you will initially create a strategy to grow, retain, & monetize our news audience while improving on the experience we have today. This is a highly visible & impactful role to help determine the future of our news products with a lot of potential for growth.
BuzzFeed News is not any newsroom. We are a team of dogged & creative journalists who report to people on the internet, in the language of the internet. Our tagline, Reporting To You, reminds us of what & who were here for. Our mission is to report to you: We cover what you care about, break big stories that hold major institutions to account, & expose injustices that change people's lives all while averaging over 50 million unique monthly readers.
- You will partner closely with the Executive Editor, newsroom leadership, & technology leadership to develop & execute on the vision, strategy, & roadmap for BuzzFeed News.
- Your responsibility over the BuzzFeed News experience will span BuzzFeedNews.com, the BuzzFeed News App, & our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, & Apple News pages.
- You will work with our apps team to build any BuzzFeed News app projects.
- You will be responsible for thinking about how people are using BuzzFeed News products & how to achieve business success by meeting user needs.
- You will set OKRs, write project plans, prioritize the teams work, & communicate & coordinate the teams plans with partners within & outside of the Newsroom.
- Experienced: You have 4+ years of hands-on experience launching & managing digital products, ideally for a news consumer experience.
- Collaborative & communicative: You have an ability to work well & communicate with engineers, designers, & data scientists experience working with journalists & business partners is a plus.
- Curious & analytical: You are proficient in data & insights. You regularly size opportunities & dont merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate & dive into the numbers & research to find novel insights & new product ideas.
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to work with & help influence senior leaders across the company to promote the teams vision & product strategy in a complex problem space.
- User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems & use this to identify solutions to enhance & improve their experience
- Passion for journalism: You have a passion for journalism & believe in the mission of BuzzFeed News.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.