Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Marketing Operations Specialist will oversee strategic development & day-to-day execution of marketing automation activities. This position will be a key contributor on the Growth Marketing team & will work closely with Sales Operations.
This role manages Lead Scoring, Marketo Clean up, Data Orchestration tool, Partner lead flow. This role works closely with Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, Field Marketing & Product teams to ensure proper lead flow & data quality initiatives.
Impact Youll Own:
- Oversee marketing attribution for all Marketing-generated leads & contacts
- Ensure current marketing campaigns are tracked effectively, & if necessary, do weekly clean up to update lead source details
- Make sure all leads generated by Marketing has Marketing campaign associated with them
- Identify leads with missing lead source first or last campaign & update them accordingly
- Optimize current marketing tracking & come up with best practices
- Own Marketo folders & programs organization
- Reorganize all marketing programs in Marketo & make sure all folders are easily accessible
- Create & manage documentation to provide guidance on all program navigation
- Audit current marketing campaigns & if require deactivate unnecessary triggers from Marketo to ensure smooth lead flow
- Audit current Marketo fields for leads & provide recommendations on optimization
- Organize Salesforce campaign structure
- Make sure all Salesforce campaigns have necessary required fields filled in & update old programs with new naming convention
- Update Salesforce campaign member status with responded for member success
- Assist in implementation of a data orchestration tool (Ring Lead), & set up automation triggers in the data orchestration tool to normalize, segment & enrich data
- Set up triggers for enriching Marketing data with ZoomInfo & sync to Salesforce
- Support initial projects of lead segmentation & lead-to-account mapping
- Troubleshoot Salesforce sync issues, fix future sync issues, & set up any triggers to resolve these issues automatically
What You Bring:
- BA/BS degree required
- 4+ years of experience in B2B tech with track record of increasing responsibility
- Proficiency with Marketo & other marketing automation technology including Pardot, HubSpot, etc.
- Proficiency of Salesforce with a demonstrated ability to build reports & dashboards by yourself
- Familiar with data orchestration tools like Ring Lead, Openprise or similar.
- Experience using project management tools such as Monday.com, SmartSheets, Trello, Wrike, Kanban, Asana, or similar
- Excellent grasp of best practices for email marketing & design (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, subject line testing, ALT tags, image optimization, etc.)
- Knowledge of data segmentation, dynamic content & email measurement
- Strong business acumen & quantitative analytical skills
- Fast learnercan achieve power-user status on multiple tools quickly
- Advanced knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets skills
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program & onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites & Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.
Compensation (only applicable for Colorado applicants):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $60,300 - $122,000. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, & other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.