Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
- Drive the test effort from planning & organization to execution & delivery. Develop effective test strategies.
- Write & contribute to test plans and/or test cases in medium to large sized projects
- Advocate & educate product/project teams on test design, automation framework use & implementation. Work with those teams to evaluate test-ability of new features/implementations.
- Use your knowledge of testing in defining acceptance criteria & test\ability to influence better software design, promote best engineering practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, & other quality attributes across products.
- Continually work to incorporate automated tests into our CI & CD deployment pipeline
- Perform creative exploratory testing of new features & products
- Collaborate with Cross team developers & product to increase MERCHANT/ISSUER End to End test coverage, improve efficiency & effectiveness & promote best practices.
- Provide critical feedback to Software Engineers & product managers to improve existing & new features & capabilities
- Work with project teams highlighting & detailing any risks & assumptions identified
- Actively engage in the continuous improvement of testing practice with a focus on speed, quality & innovation
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IS, or other related field
- 5+ years of software development in Java, jScriptor equivalent test automation experience
- Highly Skilled in JSON Methods & Encryption Methodology(s)
- Heavily Practiced in rational databases
- Experienced Debugger by reviewing log file validation on a LINUX/UNIX server, Splunk
- Ability to Use & Obtain SME knowledge base to define & communicate writing test cases, test plans, and/or test strategies
- Strong interpersonal & facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Agile methodology experience is required