Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus, the worlds largest car search platform, is looking for a Content Risk Analyst to join our team. Data & content integrity are critical to the growth of CarGurus expanding global business. This role will be integral in ensuring the consistency of the data & content on the CarGurus platform. You will work closely within Data Integrity & across the organization to help implement best practices & optimize efficiency for the team.
What Youll Do:
- Investigate instances of integrity violations in the CarGurus sales review pool through the use of internal tools, SQL queries, environmental scanning & fraud detection software
- Enforce Data Integrity policies for dealer reviews by following protocols, documenting & communicating findings with internal stakeholders
- Analyze patterns to determine the participants & sources of review submission schemes
- Measure performance of internal detection methods, adapting processes to yield improved results
- Respond to user reports or integrity inquiries that come through support channels
- Leverage knowledge of existing fraud patterns & trends to develop proactive detection methods in conjunction with our engineering teams
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree
- 1-3 years of experience in dispute resolution, e-commerce, fraud or risk investigations
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly, take initiative & be accountable in as fast-paced, evolving team environment
- Possess strong analytic, problem resolution, & communication skills
- Self-motivated in detecting new ways to secure our consumer facing marketplace
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel. Ability to write SQL queries a plus
- Basic understanding of digital forensics, financial fraud detection or a background conducting investigations
- Willingness to contribute to other Data Integrity activities & projects as needed
- Proficiency in French and/or Italian languages a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.