Given the scale, velocity, & global nature of Squarespaces business, the process of capturing, managing, & reporting financial data is an incredibly complex problem. Because of this, Squarespace is seeking a seasoned professional to lead our Financial Systems function. Revenue producing transactions must be processed accurately & expeditiously. Enabling Squarespaces continued growth calls for acquiring top talent thats diverse in both finance & technology.
You will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer & be based in our New York headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Innovate on behalf of the Finance team to scale & automate highly critical recurring financial processes
- Partner with internal stakeholders in Finance, Technology, & supporting organizations to define & deliver end to end process & systems architecture for enterprise wide initiatives
- Own, lead & manage projects & the system development life cycle; review, clarify, and/or test deliverables; work with the Finance team to define requirements, conduct needs analysis, determine project specifications, identify solutions, & implement recommendations
- Identify & build use cases for opportunities to enable automated & integrated reporting & visualization
- Design & build a portfolio of custom financial systems & applications from scratch as well as audit & improve existing legacy systems
- Develop system-based solutions for process improvements within the Finance Department
- Act as liaison between the Finance & the Technology departments; manage relationships with vendors/consultants
- Coordinate with Financial Reporting & Other Departments to ensure that pertinent financial information is accurately & timely incorporated in the Company's Ledger
- Develop & maintain reports & allocations to meet customer needs & service
- Shaping 3rd party vendor produced product to meet internal needs
- Apply accounting & auditing principles & techniques to ensure that data integrity, internal controls, & audit trails are appropriately maintained throughout all applications
- Develop, update & maintain all documentation related to financial systems
- Maintain, continuously improve & support systems on an ongoing basis
- 15+ years of experience building custom finance systems, preferably accounting, billing & order to revenue recognition applications in a global organization
- Prior experience acting as liaison between finance & technology/engineering departments
- Experience designing & leading the implementation of in-house development of key financial systems, with order through revenue recognition experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of FP&A activities, with a process improvement mindset. Demonstrated work experience with integrating custom financial applications data / workflows to third party corporate financial systems (Netsuite, Adaptive, Kryiba, Coupa, or similar applications).
- Experience with high volume customer fulfillment.
- Experience implementing & driving large scale initiatives
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.