At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Imagine a world where with a single app & affordable membership, you can easily choose between modes & get the right ride for your needs every single time - whether it's a bike, scooter, bus, train, or car. Bikes & Scooters create personal transit options that people love & cities need. We also connect people to Transit stops with a sustainable & affordable transportation option, making it more feasible to give up a personal car.
Were searching for a Director, Marketing to lead marketing efforts for our Transit, Bikes & Scooters (TBS) business, reporting to our VP, Marketing. You will be responsible for developing a cohesive marketing strategy across growth marketing, product marketing with elements of brand marketing to help drive acquisition, engagement, preference & loyalty. Partnering & managing cross-functional teams, you will work closely with central marketing, communications, product, the Head of TBS & other leaders within TBS to ensure all marketing is insight-driven, inspiring, & results-focused.
As a part of our TBS team, you will have a meaningful opportunity to expand on our vision to be the most widely used & loved multimodal transportation network in our markets. TBS is in startup mode within a growth-stage company & how we operate in local markets shifts rapidly. Like us, you continuously test & iterate & understand what its like to work in environments where change is constant.
- Design & lead growth strategy by using owned & paid media channels to grow new user acquisition, activation, engagement, & retention in a scalable & efficient way
- Develop positioning, messaging, & competitive differentiation that helps increase market share, fuels adoption & ensures a uniform & inspiring experience across channels (both in & out of product).
- In collaboration with Regional Marketing, Brand Marketing, help build our national & local brand narratives & stories for multi-model user experiences
- Define & mobilize the marketing strategy behind the broader mission of Transit, Bikes & Scooters as part of Lyfts efforts to reach zero-carbon footprint
- Assess the market, research, identify & leverages desires & trends of TBS Riders across all markets for engagement as well as branding opportunities
- Be the voice of the customer to guide the Marketing, TBS & Product organization, sharing brand data & insights
- Manage other Marketing teams cross-functionally to deliver campaigns & programs that deliver on business goals; also drive alignment with Product, Growth, Ops, Enterprise, etc.
- Move with speed & agility to keep pace with a fast-moving & fast-growing business; be able to try new things & learn quickly
- Close to 12 years+ growth marketing or product marketing strategy experience - additional experience in leading brand strategy high preferred
- You create inclusive, culturally-aware acquisition & retention marketing campaigns inside of technology-enabled consumer companies, preferably within startup environments - experience outside of an agency setting is required
- Youre well-versed in leading large cross-functional, collaborative teams as well as directly managing small teams. Youre an exceptionally strong collaborator that brings groups together to make impact
- You're quantitative by nature; make decisions supported by data, insights & metrics to empower brand strategy, test & measure to build compelling marketing programs that achieve measurable value
- Youre resourceful, forward in thinking, drawn to building off of ambiguous & unsolved problems & have an "own the outcome" mindset. Familiar also with working in a startup, scrappy environment
- You have a lot of exposure to influencing & partnering with a diverse group of stakeholders, able to partner with deeply technical as well as operational, business-minded leaders
- You devote time to educating, mentoring & teaching partners the values & showing with numbers the impact & ROI behind marketing campaigns. Youre passionate about embodying the companys mission, values into marketing strategy to "delight" customers.
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.