Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, & Data Analytics.. We are in need of a highly motivated & skilled Sr. Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering & testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
This role requires quick problem solving skills, logical thinking, & application of programming techniques to design, build, & test code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, & algorithms is a plus. In addition to the technical skill set, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, & equipped with excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Build test automation framework to support ongoing Pilots
- Build test tools to improve quality & performance
- Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
- Establish coding & test automation standards
- Design, develop, execute, & maintain automated test suites
- Setup, configure, & maintain test environments
- Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug & resolve design & code issues
- Work closely with quality assurance engineers & provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field is required
- Agile Development, Continuous Integration using Jenkins & automated testing experience
- Strong Unix / Linux skills, proficient with at least one shell & one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Real passion for high quality software engineering
- 3+ years software development & test experience
- You have experience with REST APIs, JSON & exposure to container based technologies
- You have strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Crucible, Sonar, Junit
- As an end-end champion for our products, you will have strong experience helping indebuggingand Unix skills to help support our Operations teams
- Hands-on Java programming, Automation Scripting, White box testing experience in JAVA & TestNG.
- Experience with Selenium or similar software testing framework.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.