We're reshaping the way that insurance is sold, & building product to make sure our customers get the most out of the insurance policies they buy. Insurance products are consumer products, yet have never been treated as such by incumbents. We're proud of our customer-centric focus, & the elegant apps we build to better serve our customers. Cover has significant backing by world-class investors & is based in San Francisco.
You will be the 30th employee at Cover & the second hire to the Business Operations & Strategy team. Were building a team of technical generalists with a strong business sense. The team reports directly to the CEO & works cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Growth & Operations.
Build a profitable national multi-line insurance entity from scratch, but seriously. To do this, you will assist with business intelligence, operational problem solving & strategic planning.
Within business intelligence, you will:
- Develop reports & dashboards to track KPIs across product, growth & sales
- Manage & develop our data analytics pipeline (ETLs etc.)
Within operational problem solving, you will:
- Use creative quantitative & qualitative methods to diagnose complex business problems & identify areas for improvement
- Work cross-functionally to design solutions to operations problems, influence product roadmaps, & solution new products/processes
- Create measures for success across business functions & ensure accountability
Within strategic planning, you will:
- Implement organization in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Develop operating models (financial forecasts, customer LTV models, etc.) & prepare materials for presentation to investors & board members
- A self-starter who has the ability to prioritize multiple competing projects
- The ability to answer unstructured business questions & work independently to drive projects & analytical tasks to conclusion
- A deep understanding of analytics & how to measure the non-obvious within the domains of user acquisition, product improvements/optimizations, & sales operations
- A BS/BA in Operations Research, Management Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Business, or a related technical field
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Advanced proficiency in SQL & experience with a BI tool (Tableau, Periscope, Looker, etc.)
- Experience with scripting & data analysis programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Git, Ruby etc)
- Solid understanding of statistical inference, experimental design & analysis.
Nice to Have:
- Worked at or founded a startup (i.e. built something)
- Experience developing machine learning / predictive models to solve complex business problems
- Experience in Finance & Technology
- Consulting / project management experience