Walmart.com is seeking an Accounting Manager to manage timely & accurate financial reporting & close processes for its Fashion Photo Studio, maintain a monthly budget & support the Fashion FP&A team.
As Accounting Manager, youll be responsible for a diverse range of contributions. Youll be responsible for managing the financial close process & reviewing monthly GL reconciliation supporting the Photo studio in various requests. Youll be responsible for maintaining timely/ accurate financial records, submitting invoices & performing financial analysis.
Reporting to the FP&A Senior Manager supporting Fashion, you will partner with the Accounting & Finance teams on accounting treatments & process relating to the integrity of the monthly financial statements & be responsible for making sure that all things accounting are accurate across all lanes & business functions. Because we hire for judgement, well be excited to hear your recommendations on process improvements & overall operational performance. Were looking for a critical thinker & problem solver.
You will also liaise across the entire business with collaboration on any accounting issues, controls or compliance process decisions necessary to have all teams working effectively & in compliance with all internal control initiatives.
- Responsible for all accounting activities related to Fashions photo studio including the monthly close process, reviewing journal entries & account reconciliations
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities which includes, but is not limited to, ensuring invoices are accurately recorded with proper approval as well as support & payments are remitted in accordance with payment terms
- Partner with Finance, Marketing, Operations & others as needed to bring maximum value to the business while ensuring accurate financial reporting
- Provide proactive analysis to identify issues & understand fluctuations in balances & provide meaningful analysis to stakeholders
- Make sound recommendations to enhance efficiency of accounting & reporting functions, as well as supporting systems, & to ensure quality of data
- Be the liaison between Walmart & the Photo Studio, working with the Accounting team & other key areas of the business to develop optimal procedures & best practices & support internal control documentation of these processes & ensure all reporting/budgeting deadlines are met
- Support finance & other business partners as needs arise, including ad-hoc analyses & projects for the Fashion Finance team
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting or finance.
- 3-6 years of practical accounting experience
- Have a background in (or passion for) eCommerce & retail/fashion
- Thrive in a fast paced environment & are excited to provide support to other lanes through various ad hoc financial requests & special projects
- Strong communication, presentation & analytical skills.
- Highly organized with utmost attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple/conflicting priorities & deliverables under the pressure of deadlines with composure
- Self-starter; works independently & exhibits high degree of motivation, bias for action & a passion for innovation
- Unfazed by the challenges of developing systems & processes from scratch.
- Public accounting experience/CPA
- Experience using ERP accounting software packages, specifically Microsoft products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel i.e. functions such as SUMIFS, VLOOKUP or INDEX, IF-THEN logical statements & experience working with large volume of data.