Open Road Integrated Media
Digital Sales & Merchandising Intern
About Open Road Integrated Media
Open Road Integrated Media is a prestige content brand delivering digital experiences that entertain & inform readers around the world.
Laser-focused on revenue, reach, & repeat customers, the Open Road network of digital properties produces compelling stories that keep audiences engaged across devices, content verticals, & global territories.
About the Position
Open Road Integrated Media is looking to hire one intern to work 29 hours per week in its Sales & Marketing Department.
The Digital Sales & Merchandising Intern will assist in a number of tasks related to sales & merchandising including researching & reporting on market trends, monitoring e-tailer websites, developing library-centric promotions, data analysis, & general administrative tasks.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated & have an interest in marketing, retail sales, & libraries as well as an understanding of new media. A strong writing background will be helpful as will experience in sales & familiarity with data analysis. A thorough understanding of Excel is a must. Interns need to be working towardor have achievedan undergraduate degree.
Examples of Responsibilities:
- Researching & reporting on sales trends in the market
- Monitoring e-retailer websites for pricing updates & more
- Establishing preliminary title selections for key library promotions
- Developing library & e-retailer event postmortems
- Coordinating marketing & title management for print sales
- Conducting initial auditioning of VO talent for new audiobooks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple & varied tasks
- Highly skilled in Excel
- Book sales and/or library experience a plus
for academic credit