As an individual contributor based in NY, you will be responsible for closing new business with Direct & Agency Advertisers. The primary responsibility of this role will be to establish & maintain relationships with media agencies & advertisers, with a secondary focus on programmatic buyers & trading desks. Candidate must have a deep understanding & network within the world of digital media.
- Generate & develop partnerships with advertisers, agencies, & trading desks to drive revenue/sales for Grindr through direct & programmatic solutions.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow & maintain an account list
- Remain current on industry trends including: rates, ad products, & success metrics
- Quickly develop a deep understanding of Grindrs community & culture in order to consultatively communicate our value proposition effectively with brands mapping our solutions to clients objectives
- Identify client business needs & proactively develop customized marketing solutions to meet client objectives
- Work cross functionally with Programmatic Sales team & Ad Operations to develop Direct, PMP & programmatic sales strategies
- Serve as an industry expert in direct & programmatic mobile advertising for sales & advertiser/agency partners
- Participate on sales calls to help streamline the sales approach & insure the available tools & platforms are being discussed & utilized
- Develop case studies of successful campaigns in order to share insights with customers
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in mobile & online media sales
- A demonstrated track record of brand & agency sales in which you have consistently exceeded sales targets & maintained client relationships
- Existing knowledge of DSP space, ad serving, data exchanges or cross-device performance advertising is preferred
- Strong consultative sales, relationship building, & customer services skills
- Driven, self-motivated & goal-oriented
- Proficient using: Salesforce, Google business suite, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Media, Advertising, or other related fields strongly preferred
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the worlds largest social network for gay, bi, trans, & queer people. Now more than just an app, were a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- INTO A video content platform dedicated to queer perspectives: news, culture, social, commentary, & more.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) Our social mission to promote justice, health, & safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- Gaymoji A one-of-a-kind collection of over 500+ stickers available on iOS, Android, & in the Grindr app.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive & passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, & most importantly, doers. Were fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, & a knack for crossing every finish line all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, & stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical, dental & vision insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401(k)- Matching
- Catered daily lunch
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.