Position: Contract End User Support Instructor
Location: Greater New York & Tri State Area (NY, NJ, CT)
Per Scholas is expanding & has contracted with a large US-based tech services company to train local talent for in-demand tech roles. We are seeking talented, passionate, & entrepreneurial professionals to join our team. This is a contract role that will offer full-time hours (40/week) from May through July with the potential to extend.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas is seeking a multi-talented Instructor & Technology professional to deliver high-quality instruction to a diverse student population who are seeking to acquire skills & credentials that will prepare them for competitive career opportunities in technology.
The Instructor must be a talented & passionate IT professional with a deep understanding of end user support. The Instructor must be self-directed, self-motivated, & comfortable making decisions. The ideal candidate is able to adapt processes & curriculum delivery based on industry/client demand as well as class needs. We are looking for someone who is business savvy & has both the technical knowledge & experience to meet the talent gaps among employers in the industry. The right candidate is able to apply industry experience to a classroom setting while identifying the skill levels of students & aligning instruction to fit students needs using course materials & hands-on instruction.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Deliver training preparing students for competitive careers in Information Technology, which includes daily instruction, assessment administration, attendance, one-on-one tutoring, evaluation & monitoring of individual student progress daily, addressing student violations with students in a consistent manner, & more
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Curriculum & instructional team to identify, continually evaluate, & evolve the training as demanding new technologies become available.
- Provide students with access to relevant sources for outside learning on technologies & study aids relevant to the curriculum
- Work closely with the team to identify student needs, provide necessary support, establish individualized plans for student achievement, & participate in regular student-status meetings.
- Maintain & update Salesforce and/or our LMS with student grades, certification, scores, & progress notes.
- Create, submit & maintain training curricula, syllabi, lesson plans, & any other classroom materials.
- Work closely with staff at other sites to ensure the integrity of implementing the model
- Maintain a minimum of an 80% class pass & graduation rate for every cohort
WHAT YOULL BRING TO US:
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Apple, & Linux Operating Systems; this includes both end-user & server versions
- Experience with Active Directory, GPOs, user-profile management
- Proficiency with File systems & Disk management, performance monitoring & security
- Experience with supporting hardware & software add, change, move, install, imaging, upgrade of desktops, printers, scanners, devices, equipment; ensure optimal performance of the end-user workstations
- Proficiency with LAN/WAN/VLAN, routing configuration, switching, & TCP/IP + OSI layers
- Proficiency with remote administration & remote administration tools: i.e. mobile- device management using InTune, Remote Access Tools (RDP), Teamviewer, Bomgar
- Proficiency with SCCM, MS Windows/Office, patch management using SCCM/WSUS, Office 365 collaboration tools
- Experience with providing direct, over the phone or remote troubleshooting of end-user desktop, equipment, application, device communication & connectivity issues in a timely fashion
- Thorough understanding of security concepts, models, & standards; experience with implementation in business environments.
- Current A+ certification (1001-1002 Series)
- Network+ Certification (N10-006 or N10-007)
- Strong documentation, analytical & problem-solving skills
- Experience with ITIL implementation in support of the Help Desk
- Experience using an SLA ticketing system with a customer/consumer service- driven approach
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work & mission
- You have a collaborative & flexible work style. Youre excited to work cross-functionally with other departments but can thrive independently as well
- You have the ability to teach in a highly interactive & hands-on style
- You have strong interpersonal skills & you are an effective communicator (verbal & written)
- You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational & time management skills
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, & that talent should be recognized & recruited from many diverse sources
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart & soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative & mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths & work-life balance, & welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
Youll enjoy a welcoming & casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, & benefits like health care & a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful & have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive & proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous & tuition-free technology training & professional development, we prepare motivated & curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as technology professionals, & we create onramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eleven cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; the National Capital Region Newark, NJ, New York, NY & Philadelphia, PA. To date, Per Scholas has trained more than 10,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills & careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.