Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a motivated Accounting Intern to join the Finance team this summer. This intern will have the opportunity to learn in depth about accounting processes at a major brand name in the industry. You will become familiar with GAAP, Monthly Close processes, Journal Entries, ERP (JD Edwards), & Accounting Controls used in the business.The ideal candidate is a proactive contributor & highly organized. This is a hybrid role, working an average of up to 3 days per week based at our spacious 3 World Trade Center office.
Casper (Casper.com) believes everyone should sleep better. The Sleep Company has a full portfolio of obsessively engineered sleep productsincluding mattresses, pillows, bedding, & furnituredesigned in-house by the Companys award-winning R&D team at Casper Labs. In addition to its e-commerce business, Casper owns & operates Sleep Shops across North America & its products are available at a growing list of retailers.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
Casper Summer Internship program runs June 6 - August 12, 2022.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do:
- Assist with accounting workpaper preparation
- Assist accounting team during month end processes
- Prepare workpaper templates
- Plan & organize accounting meetings & presentations
- Compile accounting research
- Review & apply best practices & other accounting policy literature
- Gain exposure to account reconciliations & financial statements
- Ad hoc accounting requests
Our dream candidate is
- Working toward an undergraduate degree in Accounting
- Proactive approach to work, you like to solve problems & dont wait for someone to give you the answer
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Excellent written communication & interpersonal skills
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!
Pursuant to the Companys COVID-19 mitigation protocols, individuals must show documented proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, subject to applicable state & local laws & legally required exemptions, including a medical condition, disability or sincerely-held religious belief. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to the vaccination requirement in accordance with applicable law.