Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the role?
As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will help shape the way we present our products & position our presence to internal & external audiences. You will work directly with the Regional Marketing Director & VP, Product & Sales Marketing & play a role in developing & improving marketing strategy to drive results & enable efficient processes. In this role, you will lead cross-functional efforts across sales, visual design, & product.
In the first three months, you will:
- Serve as point person for RFPs, offering strategic & creative insights as well as day-to-day project management to meet deliverables
- Lead creation of sales & marketing materials, special offers & collateral on a national & local basis
- Directly manage the onsite Graphic Designer & local Photographers
- Work closely with Regional Marketing Director & Graphic Designer to collaborate on major projects
Within the first year, you will:
- Work with Sales Manager to align marketing strategy with sales needs, working with sales teams to ensure marketing tactics are serving broader sales needs & initiatives
- Work closely with Marketing Managers in each office to share best practices & resources & collaborate on major projects
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs & pain points
- Shape photography strategy with the photography team to demonstrate value to advertisers & clients, problem-solving to help this team meet photography deadlines
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media & competitors & position Intersection accordingly in all materials
- Proactively recommend & execute new approaches to drive client revenue & meet revenue goals
- Seek out & develop metrics & KPIs to measure marketing effectiveness
You are awesome for this role because:
- Of your broad Marketing experience & skill set with a focus on results
- You are highly creative, with excellent writing, organization, & execution skills
- Of your passion for storytelling through the use of data & research
- Youre record of getting things done -- someone who will roll up their sleeves & plow through obstacles to meet deliverables & follow through on promises
- You have 3-5 years of relevant Sales Marketing experience
- Youre media, startup, and/or tech industry experience a plus
- Your deep understanding of the New Jersey region is a plus
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer